We all want the best for our children – and exposure to things like sports and the arts help them to become more well rounded young men and women. Have you thought about ballet?
Kids are into all sorts of afterschool sports and other activities like piano and violin lessons. Dancing is a great medium for both girls and boys. And, they can start very young.
Classical ballet may have been pushed aside in favour of tap dancing, hip-hop, jazz, Latin dance and other forms. But, did you know that beginning with ballet will help with these other types of dancing, acting, modelling and some sports as well?
Ballet dancers make it look effortless as they move across the stage. From the lifts to the toe points, many wonder how they can do it. Your kids can also be a part of this through the practice of classical ballet.
Our Pre-Ballet classes can start for preschoolers from ages 2, and our Ballet programme from age 4.
Ballet is important for a variety of personal, physical and life skills including:
- learning to follow instructions
- gaining a sense of discipline through learning new positions and steps
- learn coordination, balance and how to control their bodies in motion
- getting regular exercise and being active
- become comfortable performing in groups and in front of audiences
When a child is young, learning new things is easier for them as they can adapt quicker than when they are older. So by starting children in ballet from a younger age – they are not only learning a valuable art but getting trained for the life ahead.
Though this is just the beginning. As they continue with ballet – you will see more benefits appearing – especially as they become adolescents and into their teens. These include
- develop long, lean, and strong muscles from the practice of ballet
- gaining self-confidence and pride in their bodies and in what they can accomplish
- learn how to work and practice to get what they want out of their performance
- ballet skills are transferable to other forms of dance such as jazz and tap, and even other forms of sport
- they appreciate proper nutrition to keep their bodies in shape to let them dance well