So, we’ve brought together some of our key blog posts for you to click and have a look at – and if you are interested – you can book in a free trial to any class a reactdance.class4kids.co.uk
- Ballet and what are the Benefits of Ballet, also why we think EVERY child should study Classical Ballet – even for a term
- Freestyle and Jazz and why it is a great class to take for all children
- Maybe you have a West End star at home – find out about out Theatre and Tap classes and why this is an excellent class to develop musicality amongst other things
- Do you have pre-schoolers – here’s a great post on the benefits of ballet for this age group
- Maybe you are looking for a mix – our Drama class (which is linked to our tap and theatre class) is a great confidence builder – here’s why they should join Youth Theatre and how it can help improve confidence, communication and expression
Hopefully this post will give you some information about WHY dance is an awesome opportunity for your child – if you have any questions – please don’t hesitate to get in touch – email@example.com and I hope to see you at a FREE TRIAL class soon.
Yes – it can be, it can also be the start of a lifelong love affair or a career in itself.
It also doesn’t need to be decided at the first class. We are just relaunching here at React Dance (October 2016) and so welcome everyone who is interested to come and try our classes. We will be expanding – we have great plans afoot. But we also will always realise that sometime – your child just wants to come along once a week to have some fun, see their friends, dance about and then head home.
Mondays at present are our Dance Clubs – no strict syllabus, no exams, no pressure – yes we will do a termly showcase, but everyone who wants to dance for a class a week is welcome. We will soon be launching our core subject classes (January 2017) with options to do exams with the IDTA, workshops to develop skills, opportunities for additional performances and solos.
But having a fun hobby that is there without too much pressure is important too!
So if you are looking for a welcoming, growing dance school – come along for a trial class, bring a friend – you are all more than welcome. Leanne@reactdance.co.uk
Improvisation is key to being a good dancer. It comes from being able to listen to music, and interpret the emotions and story through movement.
It is also done with very little preparation – there are no hours of choreography to do, no weeks of research – it’s about reaction and feeling.
You will know – sometimes a song comes on and you get a certain urge to move. This is especially true for dancers – though it is not simply a wiggle or step and tap. You hear accents that require leaps, or crescendos that require expansive moves.
Your body reacts to show whether the song portrays hurt or joy.
Talking through what a song makes you feel – is a great way to introduce even the littlest ones to improvisation. Does it make them happy? Do they think they should run or jump? Should they float like a fairy? Does it sound angry and stampy?
This is just one way dance is amazing for a child’s development – especially their emotional well being. Being able to understand and recognise feelings that come from events and sounds.
Pick some of your favourite songs and ask them what they think. Things like the music from “Frozen” or “Aladdin” by Disney are great as they are designed to evoke feelings.