The value of Preschool Ballet
This blog will look at why it’s important for you to see value in your child’s pre-ballet and beginning ballet classes.
You have LOTS of options for extracurricular activities these days, even for pre-school aged children and younger! While at a young age, most extracurricular activities provide a lot of the same benefits to children (social interaction, following instructions, etc.), but our preschool ballet programme is designed to offer something a little extra special
- We run our preschool sessions on a theme – The Nutcracker or Cinderella or the Enchanted Forest and so we hold short, 5-10 minute parent observations at the end of every block of sessions
- Each new theme will include a small parent information pack with our objectives – including what your child will be working on in class as well as one or two activities you can practice with your child at home. This allows you to have some fun dance time together at home and also let you see the progress your child is making.
- It may seem like there isn’t a lot of technique – but this is by design. They will learn all the basics for their age and appropriate dance level, and we gradually introduce the correct terms and develop their technique once we have the basics – we don’t want any overwhelm!
- It is more than just becoming a ballet dancer. Children a learning so much more than helps them OUTSIDE of ballet: interacting with other children, making friends, taking turns, following instructions, and working hard toward a goal, just to name a few.
- We have themed sticker charts and certificates for students at the end of each session – so you can see what they have achieved and also lets our amazing students show their progress. It gives them something to be proud of.
So why not book a place on our next course – January will see us follow the classical ballet Cinderella – 2pm Mondays at Church of the Ascension
Posted on December 19, 2017, in Benefits of dance, preschool dance and tagged ballet, ballet dance for children, benefits of ballet, dance for preschool, pre-school. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.